What Do I Need To Know About My Hot Tub Cover?
Quick, take a mental snapshot of your hot tub. What do you see? You’ve probably visualized the beautiful space where it’s located – sparkling water, pulsing jets, maybe beautiful night-time lighting.
You probably didn’t think about the cover. Yet your cover is an important component that keeps your hot tub clear of debris, running efficiently, saving you money and energy.
After all your spa cover does for you, what have you done for it lately?
How Should I Maintain My Hot Tub Cover?
- Caldera® Spas covers are made with a heavy duty, marine-grade vinyl. When dirt accumulates, hose it off or wipe it with a damp cloth to keep it looking new.
- Every four to six months us Caldera Spa Monarch Cover Shield to clean, shine and protect your spa cover. Cover Shield forms a protective shield on your vinyl spa cover which helps resist fading, stains and dirt.
- If you notice the exterior of your cover developing a musty smell, discoloration or mold spots, this may be a sign of improper water chemistry. Contact your local authorized Caldera Spa dealer as there is likely a simple solution.
- Gently remove leaves, snow or ice that has accumulated on your spa cover to avoid strain and eventual breaking of the foam core.
How Will I Know If I Need A New Cover?
Occasionally inspect your cover to look for signs that it’s not working properly. Does it look like it’s in contact with the edge of the hot tub surface all the way around? Are there any tears in the outer cover?
You may need a new cover if you notice any of the following conditions:
- The vinyl cover is torn, cracked or brittle. This can affect the safety, heat retention and beauty of your cover.
- The cover is not forming a tight seal against the top edge of the hot tub, which can cause heat loss and a reduction of your spa’s efficiency.
- Straps and locks are not functioning. If they are not in good condition, it may affect the security of your hot tub.
- The cover has become heavy, is sagging or has puddles forming on top, indicating that damage to the foam core has occurred.
How Long Will My Hot Tub Cover Last?
It’s difficult to say how long your cover will last, because it depends on the unique conditions that any cover faces. Cleaning and treating your spa cover, maintaining proper water chemistry and gently removing leaves, snow and ice will help your cover last longer.
Are All Covers Essentially The Same?
There are definite quality differences in the range of covers you can buy. A sturdy Caldera Spa Cover is designed for maximum energy efficiency. Its tight seal insulates and locks in heat, saving you money on operating costs. Custom-fit to Caldera Spas hot tubs, our covers are tapered for water runoff and are made from durable, marine-grade vinyl. All Caldera covers include child-resistant safety locks and incorporate the mounting plates necessary for attaching our cover lifter systems. Our covers also meet or exceed all ASTM safety standards for UL classification.
There are many reasons why a cover lifter is regarded as an essential accessory for your hot tub. First and foremost, a cover lifter makes it easy for one person to fold the cover back and out of the way. It’s almost effortless. That’s why a lifter really is the key to using and enjoying your hot tub experience on a nightly basis.
With a cover lifter, you can be in your spa in seconds, enjoying all the benefits of a daily, 20-minute soak . So…is a lifter really necessary? We think so.
Caldera Spas offers a variety of Prolift® cover lifters. The Hot Tub Lady at Combined Pool and Spa can help you determine which one is right for your spa model and the place where your hot tub is located (different lifters require different amounts of clearance).
What Do You Think?
Have you ever needed to replace your hot tub cover? We’d also like to know if you have any other ideas for maintaining and caring for your hot tub cover. Have you ever owned a hot tub and cover that didn’t have a lifter? How difficult did you consider it and did you find yourself using it less as a result? We’d love to hear about your positive or negative experiences related to your hot tub cover that we can pass along to our customers.
– See more at: http://ift.tt/1pkDHWZ
via Tumblr http://ift.tt/2298SCB
via Blogger http://ift.tt/1RV4LFt